Chunky Meat Sauce with Red Wine Vinegar
My mom gave me a bottle of red wine vinegar so I decided to make some pasta sauce with it! The sauce was extremely chunky with lots of tomato slices and ground meat, and the flavor was packed with herbs and had a nice acidic kick from the red wine vinegar. If you want it Pinoy-style sweet, feel free to add more sugar but I’ve always preferred less sugar (if none at all) in my red sauce. G was extremely happy with this and had around 3 servings of the meatsauce!
- 1/2 kilo ground beef (the leaner the better, so the sauce doesn’t get too greasy)
- 6 small native tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 12 cloves of garlic, finely chopped (yup we like it garlicky!)
- 200g tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- Herbs: I used Rosemary, Thyme, Basil and Parsley
- Boiled pasta
- Sauté onions and garlic in oil a large saucepan until onions are slightly translucent.
- Add the ground beef to the onions and garlic and stir until meat turns brown.
- Add the red wine vinegar, tomato sauce and tomatoes and stir.
- Add the herbs, and the salt and pepper.
- Stir until the sauce is nice and thick and the meat is throroughly cooked.
- Pour over boiled pasta and enjoy!